Saturday, July 17, 2010

J - Patmos Island
















This is the longest we’ve stayed in one place since we left London, it’ll be 4 nights when we leave for Selcuk, Turkey tomorrow. Patmos has most definitely not dissapointed, the beaches are beautiful and there are only a handfull of tourists. It’s quiet and it’s musch cooler and greener here then the other islands we’ve been to.

Yesterday we kept the scooter (Pink Lady) and explored the north side of the island, she coped pretty well with the two of us, even with the new baklava food baby brewing in my tummy. Now and again hilgard had to add in some extra leg power up the hills, with both of us leaning as far forward as possible – we must be quite a sight, I’m sure this is the real reason greeks support tourism.

We went to the northern most beach, which is a pebble paradise. I’ve never seen anything quite like it. It’s a long beach, sloping downward to the sea, which is surrounded by cliffs. Each and every stone is like an abstract art piece – it’s so beautiful. I could have spent hours there and if I didn’t have to carry the weight on my back for the next month I would have picked a few of them up too.

Today is a quiet catch up day (we promise), blogs, emails, photos, post cards, letters etc before we leave on another epic journey to ephesus. Hilgards lost his 10th card game and owes me coffee in bed J I’m loving it. And then tonight he owes me dessert out in town, because Germany didn’t get through to the final – today is a good day for me. Howevere sooner or later, because De Nederland didn’t win afterall, I owe him a turkish bath and if we are brave enough a turkish massage…ouch.

Anyways, I miss you all lots and lots, but we are well and happy sending lots of love from Greece for the last time.

Mom I hope that you are enjoying watching the flat final come to a finish, like all things it’s just a process and it’s worth waiting for, we really appreciate it.

Stoney thanks for your comment, I’ve missed you so much this trip and look forward to spending more time with you and becs – hope you’re both well and enjoying work.

Bug – some of my washing still smells of you!!!! arrrgggg miss you heaps friend, cannot wait to see you again – twice in one year!!!yippppeeee.

J…..any news on the job? my thumb is about falling off this side, miss you heaps and wonder everyday how you are doing through all of this? Miss you loads – huge telepathic hugs from the north

1 comment:

  1. Hey my friends, your blog is beautiful. I cannot believe what you guys are up to. Can you imagine that 3 months ago we sat in your awkwardly shaped kitchen/dining room in the berg, looking at your maps, wondering what it would be like, and here you are living your dream. i am so proud of you both, and somewhat envious;)
    Ive started working with a locum beacuse after Zanzibar and the World cup your dear friend is not looking at a healthy bank balance! so Im back to working, but nothing permanently as yet.
    I'm sending you lots of love from very cold, SA:) love Sands

    ReplyDelete