Friday, June 25, 2010

Craignure







We’ve fallen in love with the Isle of Mull. It’s so beautiful here, peaceful and quiet, but I’m getting ahead of myself!

Yesterday we explored the beautiful little seaside town of Oban. I took a tour through the Oban distillery (open since 1974!!) to learn more about whiskey, while Jana sketched in their home made chocolate shop. There after we spent some of the pounds my parent gave us and enjoyed the most delicious fish and chips on a bench next to the harbour. Late afternoon we caught the ferry to Mull, pitched our tent and survived the first wave of midges.

Today we bussed north towards the picturesque village of Tobermory. Brightly coloured houses next to a harbour in a beautiful bay. We walked around the whole day taking in the beauty off it all.

Tomorrow we hope to visit the Island of Iona. I’ll keep you updated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment